Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Practice Run on Bandit

Well, I went out for test run today. WOW! The bike has great balance, its almost as easy to drive as those 250's in the MSF course. I drove a total of around 18 miles I think, but I did some sharp corners, u-turns, ran to Wal-Mart, etc. The problem I have is taking off in the subdivision. For some reason I don't give it enough gas, and stall it. Oh, well, I'll get over that. Stupid here almost dropped the thing in Arby's parking lot. I just wasn't paying attention to the fact that I had lost all my speed. Funny.

It was a smooth ride, I could get up to about 65 (indicated) on the speedo at about 3500 RPM, still breaking it in. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow down Hwy 100 so I don't have to get up to interstate speeds yet. Gotta get a hundred miles on it first. It was indeed fun. I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive a machine like that. Well, more later. gotta go.

No comments: