Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not Interested in $10,000?

Sorry, I know the headline may have gotten you, but somethings never cease to amaze me. According to this link, "not interested in Linux" from ComputerworldUK the reason a Ubuntu Laptop remained unhacked after three days in a contest was because, "There was just no interest in Ubuntu,"! Can you believe that? I can't. If I thought I could take down a Linux box and get 10K for doing it your darn right I'd hack that puppy! I wouldn't care if it was DOS 3.3! Would you? Sounds like to me Microsoft, who hates to have a bad image, cough cough, may have put some pressure on the old boy. Whatever. I know Ubuntu is probably NOT hack proof, OK, but you don't have to start making excuses when its the last OS standing. What bothers me is that non of these so called "Hackers" could hack a Windoze box remotely. If these laptops were configured as they come default, and these hackers couldn't hack the thing remotely, I worry about them. There have been very very few OSes that I can remember that had no known remote hacks. NetWare 5.1 was one (security through obscurity and all :-), OpenBSD (I believe) was the other. If not that BSD it was another of that variant. I've never known (note that word) of a Linux, MAC, or Windoze that was ever that good. So, anyway.

I know, its been a very long time since I've blogged. Everyone thought I had quit. Well, that's because I did, at least for a while. I'm back now. For a while anyway.

No comments: