Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jingle Bells, to you too buddy!

Hehehehe.  I couldn't help it.  I'm not exactly a Jingle Bells kinda guy.

Well, Christmas time has rolled around on us once again.  You know, I'm not nearly as big a fan of Christmas since I've had to start paying for it.  However, I have been the Beneficiary of a wonderful surprise.



Here is a couple of poor pics (but you'll get the idea) of my Shop Smith Mark 5 520 system.  I have wanted one of these things for a long time, since seeing the demo in an Omaha mall, way back before Y2K, me having kids or any of that.  Actually it may have been just after Y2K, I can't remember.  The problem is, they are a little pricey.  Ok, a lot pricey.  I could have never afforded one of these things, and even now I hope I can afford to get it ready to use. 


The problem is that there are some things missing, but considering that I didn't have to pay for this thing, I'm a happy man.

I don't have it together properly, either, there are a couple of the extension tables on the floor, as you see behind and to the left.  I also don't have the band saw properly mounted right now, as it's not aligned with the power plant.



The main table saw table is what you see all raised up.  I can't remember why I left it that way.


I want to thank my Mother-In-Law, and My Lord for the gift.  I'll be putting it to use as soon as possible.

Kinda makes it hard to be Bah Humbug, don't it?


Also,  I've been preaching at Mt. Zion Baptist Church for a while.  This Church is down to just a very few folks.  I believe God can turn any Church around, the only thing I can't nail down in my mind at this point is whether God would use me to do it. They're on Union Valley Road, off of Hwy 46 (Pinewood Road) turning south off of Hwy 100, west of Fairview, TN.  They're not far from the I840 work going on.  Pray for 'em, we need the practice and they need the prayer.  If you'd like to get in on helping bring a Revival stop by during normal worship times (10:00 AM Sunday School, and 11:00 AM worship, and 6:00 PM Worship on Sunday)

It's late, and I'm tired.  Oh, Don't forget to spend some time with Christ.  He is the new Reason for the Season.  (I say knew because originally the holiday celebrated on this day was for a false god)  Thankfully, this is a redeemable Holiday (as I've said before around here . . . I think).

Well, that's enough for now.

See Ya'

No comments: