Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bike Almost a year old

It's been a long time between posts. I don't think anyone is reading this thing anyway.
Well, I'm nearly 2 months shy of the Bandit's 1 year Anniversary, but I've got 8669 miles on her already. I'm really enjoying ridding it. I've taken some much better Pictures because I helped my daughter buy a digital camera, a real one that is. hehehe.

Here 'tis after a good washing, and chain lubing. I was thinking today, "Man, I should have gotten a shaft drive bike". But, I like my Bandit. I'm not sure I blogged about the wife and I going to the Patriot Guard Rider's Tennessee Gathering of the Guard. That was fun. got to go on about 3 missions during that get together. Anyway, the bike holds its own fully loaded with me, the wife, and enough clothes and accessories for 2 days.
You'll note the Pilot Road 2's on the bike, they are fine tires. From what I remember I have about 4500+ miles on them and they're only about half done.



Here's the straight on shot:
















Then Here's my favorite Pick:
You'll notice that all my pics are from the front, or left sides. You'll also notice the Kickstand is down in this picture. NOTE WELL: Never leave the kickstand down when you take the bike off the center stand. It will bounce, hit the stand and throw the bike over on it's right side. Or, at least that's what may have happened right after I got the hard case bags. I'm not sure if I hit the stand, or if someone bumped into it. I'm going to assume it was my own ignorance and leave the blame on me for leaving the stand down. I did, just so you know, bring up the stand today before I took it off the center stand.

Well, it's been a good year so far. Life just gets busy at times. But I'll post up some pics here now and again. I have some from Olan Mills of the family, I'm just a little hesitant to put them up. Might cause the servers to go down at blogger.com. hehehe.

No comments: