Thursday, May 22, 2008

Suzuki's Stupidity and Dealer's Impressiveness

I have to brag on the Dealer in Mt. Juliet, while at the same time seriously warning anyone who buys the Hard Case and Top Case Saddle bags from Suzuki! Since I bought the bike we have waited for the Top Case mount, well, it came in last week finally. The problem was that Suzuki kept telling the Dealer (Precision Motorsports) that it was on its way when in fact it wasn't. Not only that, but on Suzuki's Web site on the "Accessories for 1250s" page for the Top Case (click here), and in the Dealer's information they both say the Color matching Panels are Optional. They DO NOT SAY, as of today, that the panel is required and that the color is optional. Take a gander at the actual screen shot:
The Problem? The "Optional" panel is NOT optional on the Top Case. Now, you technically "could" get away without them on the side cases, but you CAN NOT on the Top Case. There is a rather large sticker that says "DO NOT OPERATE" without said panel in place. The problem is that Suzuki doesn't provide a panel for any of the cases that just looks mat black to match the rest of the case in the event that you don't buy the "optional" color inserts!! Now, if Suzuki were to have said, "You have to buy an insert of some color, but the color is optional" I would have not gotten so upset about the deal. However, now we were looking at another 179.00 Plus Sales Tax purchase for something that was "Optional" and I really didn't care to have! Now, I'm not saying that the Bags are bad, nor that you shouldn't buy them, but beware, you MUST buy at least the color matching insert for the Top Case.

Now, here's where the bragging on Precision comes in. I called my wife to explain the situation, and why she'd see yet another Motorcycle related purchase on the Card. Well, needless to say she wasn't happy. While I was getting an earful of that rather loud unhappiness, Big Daddy, (Who I'm assuming is either the owner or the top Manager) overheard the unhappiness, and could see the pain my ear was enduring evidently. Not to mention that I wasn't happy either. What they decided to do was get the inserts and put them on without charging me, and attempt to recover their loss from Suzuki. I at no time, mind you, blamed the Dealer for this issue, they couldn't help the the morons at Suzuki couldn't get their information straight. However, they could tell this was or could have become a serious image issue, and that at least my wife would have been a very unhappy customer. People who know me know I'm would tight anyway, but when Angela gets loud something is seriously not right.

Anyway, I would highly encourage you to visit Precision. Some of their prices are a little high to me, but they do negotiate on some things, and they are good folk. I'd rather pay a little more and get a dealer that will do something like this than pay less now and wind up paying more later because of it.

No comments: