Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God is Good

I have been a little down lately, since I resigned the Church. So, God has graciously worked out some things to show me just how bad things can get if I don't get my head and heart back in the right place. My bike has fallen over twice, once in each direction, so as to break both levers (clutch and brake) and both front turn signals and scratch the really pretty hard case side color matching inserts. (lots-0-money to fix). The slide rails in the refrigerator for the bottom two pans broke on the left side, and busted the top of the two pans. (80 bucks). The wife's brakes had to be done AGAIN, (75 bucks). Yesterday the Gas Water Heater decided to go on vacation.
Why do I think that is God? Well, I believe that no one is punished from God without knowing that's why the bad things are happening. If you look back over the Old Testament you'll find that God worked real hard to make sure the Israelites as a nation knew full well why they were being destroyed, God also worked hard to make sure individuals whom He disciplined knew why he was doing so. Well, I've known for quite some time exactly what I should be doing, I am a preacher, but I haven't done it. God says, "you want a reason to mope, I'll give you reasons to mope, and they'll get more expensive the longer this goes on." So, that's exactly what He's been doing.
So, why did I start this by saying God is good?!? Because He is. If God didn't love me, He wouldn't chastise me to get me right again. (Hebrews 12). God is good because He could have just wiped me off the earth a long time ago, but in His patience, Amazing Grace, and infinite Love, He works with me, forgives my sin, and enables me to make things right. Any employer you know of would have fired me a long time ago, as well as they would have you. Your relatives would have long ceased to speak with you, if you treated them like you treat God! But, He's so Good, Gracious, Merciful, Patient, Just, and Compassionate that He would start small, and work His way up!
What ever you do, don't take God for Granted. Don't treat Him like a spare tire, bottled Genie, or worse, slave. God loves you, but He will not tolerate sin. He will deal with it, first in Grace, but if Grace be turned away, then in Judgment. Avoid that, would you?
Remember, God is Good!

No comments: